Details about the information we process
Company – Proactive Despatch Ltd
Nature of work - Transportation
Description of processing
The following is a broad description of the way this organisation/data controller processes personal information. To understand how your own personal information is processed you may need to refer to any personal communications you have received, check any privacy notices the organisation has provided or contact the organisation to ask about your personal circumstances.
Reasons/purposes for processing information
We process personal information to enable us to provide a transport service to our customers, maintain our accounts and records, promote our services and manage and support our staff.
Type/classes of information processed
We process information relevant to the above reasons/purposes. This may include:
- personal details
- family details
- lifestyle and social circumstances
- education and employment details
- financial details (we will never store credit card details)
- goods and services
- visual images, personal appearance and behaviour
We also process sensitive classes of information that may include:
- racial and ethnic origin
- physical or mental health details
- trade union membership
- religious and similar beliefs
- criminal proceedings, outcomes and sentences
- offences and alleged offences
Who the information is processed about
We process personal information about:
- potential / existing customers
- potential / existing employees
- suppliers and service providers
- offenders / suspected offenders
Who the information may be shared with
We sometimes need to share the personal information we process with the individual themselves and with other organisations. Where this is necessary we are required to comply with all aspects of GDPR. What follows is a description of the types of organisations we may need to share some of the personal information we process with for one or more reasons.
Where necessary or required we share information with:
- family, associates and representatives of the person whose personal information we are processing
- current, past or prospective employers
- suppliers and service providers
- business associates and professional advisers
- financial organisations
- persons making an enquiry or complaint
- educators and examining bodies
- employment and recruitment agencies
- credit reference agencies
- debt collection and tracing agencies
- central government
- police forces and security organisations
How do we use your personal information?
We process personal information for certain legitimate business purposes, which include some or all of the following:
• where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services / communications for the benefit of our customers (e.g. collection addresses / contacts.)
• to identify and prevent fraud
• to enhance the security of our network and information systems
• to better understand how people interact with our websites
• to provide email communications which we think will be of interest to you
• to determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising.
Whenever we process data for these purposes we will ensure that we always keep your Personal Data rights in high regard and take account of these rights. You have the right to object to this processing if you wish, and if you wish to do so, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please bear in mind that if you object, this may affect our ability to carry out tasks above for your benefit.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under GDPR. A small fee will be payable, if this is not your first request. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to The Information Officer, Proactive Despatch Limited, Unit 17, Lea Green Business Park, Eurolink, St Helens, WA9 4TR.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.